Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pret-ified Banh Mi

Today is the first time I've bought lunch at work in like 2 weeks and I was excited to try the Rickshaw Dumpling truck that usually is parked outside my building.  To my dismay, however, I got downstairs to discover its absence.  Darn you Rickshaw!  Instead I went to Pret a Manger, where I was surprised to see a new (?) baguette addition- Pret's Vietnamese Baguette.  I immediately identified this banh mi in disguise and brought it back to try.
I did not expect much authenticity.  I did expect a high quality sandwich, which I got.  The baguette had grilled chicken, daikon, cilantro, roasted red pepper, and sweet chili dressing.  It was delicious.  The bread was the regular Pret baguette, not the fluffy Vietnamese kind that banh mi is known for, but hey, no hard feelings.  It did cost $7.50 which is double the price I prefer to pay for banh mi, but I expected to spend that much upon walking into Pret so whatever.  Verdict: if I was eating at Pret, I'd get it again!  Well done, Pret.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...