Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Siam Lotus

 Crispy Noodles 
 Carrot Butterflies
Pad See-Ew, Chicken Fried Rice, Chicken Panang Curry

I'll keep it short:  The food at Siam Lotus was delicious.  We ordered a few different dishes including shrimp massaman, chicken panang curry, pad see-ew, sweet and sour shrimp, and some beef dish.  We had a few starters too and everyone seemed to like everything on the table.  The crispy noodles starter was really tasty and unique;  it had a caramel taste to it and the thin rice noodles were actually crispy.  I saw a whole fish come out to someone else's table that was stuffed with vegetables and maybe noodles and it looked great.  The one dish that wasn't quite up par was the wonton soup.  The wontons were mushy and the filling was strange.  

The negative about Siam Lotus:  The meal took 3 hours to get through.  We waited more than an hour between our starters and our mains.  We sat down at 6:30 and left at 9:30-10:00.  Everyone in the restaurant began talking to each other amongst the tables and it was quite humorous to watch.  We made lots of jokes about being like prisoners breaking free when we finally left.   I'm willing to give the place the benefit of the doubt, though.  I have since read reviews online and none have mentioned slow service.  I hope that there was some extenuating circumstance the night that I visited Siam Lotus, and I hope that if I ever go back I will not have the same super-slow experience.


Siam Lotus:  1664 Union Blvd. Bay Shore, NY (631) 968-8196

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...