Sunday, March 20, 2011

Yo Quiero Pacific Shrimp

Soooooooooooooo, it was probably inevitable that I was going to try either the Pacific Shrimp taco or burrito from Taco Bell after seeing it on their commercials. (Do they have a great marketing team or is it just me?)  Some of you may think it is gross to even think about eating seafood from Taco Bell, but to that I just say, you only live once, so whatever.  It just so happened that Mom was into the idea too, so on Friday we hit up TBell for one of each.  I have to say that they were quite pricey for Taco Bell, 3 and 4 dollars, but I guess that is to be expected when shrimp is added to the mix.
I didn't expect much really.  I thought the shrimp would probably be small and poorly cooked, or unrecognizable.  However, I was quite surprised.  They were in fact pretty small, but they were very tasty and didn't seem processed or gross at all.  I think there were the same amount of shrimp in both the taco and the burrito, so next time I would probably go with the taco to avoid all of the extra carbs from the excess soft shell of the burrito.  In both there were lettuce, some cool taco sauce that Taco Bell calls avocado ranch, tomatoes, cheese, and red tortilla strips.  I liked this combination because it was a lot lighter than some of Taco Bell's other choices that are full of beef and tons of cheese.  I would get it again, if they even still have it the next time I'm near a Taco Bell which could be a while since Fordham is so inconveniently far from any of TBell's locations. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...