Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Desi Food Truck

Today I had a Chicken Anda Kati Roll from the Desi Food Truck at 50th and 6th.  As the sun has been out more and more the lines for food trucks at lunch time have multiplied-- today's longest line goes to Big D's Grub Truck.  The menu at Big D's looks pretty delish but I'll have to make it down early one day to beat the crowd.  The Desi food truck had a bit of a queue of its own, but it moved pretty quickly.  

A kati is a flat, buttery, doughy bread with any number of fillings.  Mine had chicken, a bit of spinach, onions and a flat fried egg.  I was surprised that there wasn't more spinach and I couldn't make out any of the alleged coriander mint sauce but for a mere $5.50 it was very tasty and filling.  Hot chili sauce was optional and I'm glad I opted out because the curried chicken was spicy enough on its own.  I really liked the addition of the egg; it fought the heat and won at times.

I would definitely go back to the Desi truck because it's outside my office every day, it's cheap, and it's tasty.  I would like to try the daal platter and maybe one of the veggie kati rolls.

My trip is coming so soon I'm starting to get really excited and rrrrrrreally hungry for some Thai food!


Desi Food Truck: Check site for daily locations, (212) 961-6193

1 comments:

Nick said...

I'm going to have to try some of these food trucks.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...