Monday, July 4, 2011

XXL Grilled Stuft Burrito

The newest witty Taco Bell commercials are for the XXL Grilled Stuft Burrito.  Watch this and tell me you don't want one:
What better way to celebrate the Fourth of July than with some good 'ole American fast food?  I hit the drive through with Tara and chose the beef version of the new burrito.  (Yes, I CHOSE beef at Taco Bell.)
True to its name, the burrito was huge.  Ringing in at a steep $3.99, this bigboy is a colorful jumble of "seasoned beef, a blend of three cheeses - cheddar, pepper jack and mozzarella - flavorful seasoned rice, hearty beans, reduced-fat sour cream, chunky guacamole, avocado ranch and fiesta salsa," according to Tacobell.com.

I went in with no expectations and I quite enjoyed the XXL.  I came across no sour cream until the very bottom of the burrito, which I considered a good quality because I dont like Taco Bell sour cream, but others could consider poor composition.  My complaint is that, like many burritos, the XXL suffered from poor positioning of ingredients. The beans were on the right and avocado on the left, which did not allow for a bite of everything at once.

Anyway, it was tasty and I would get it again.  I really don't expect much from Taco Bell, and it is easy for them to please me.  While I normally order two items at T Bell, I would not get anything else with this burrito because it is filling on its own.  

Has anyone else tried the XXL or any other good Taco Bell items lately?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...