Thursday, February 9, 2012

Potbelly Sandwiches are Quite Good

The midwestern chain Potbelly Sandwich Shop hit New York City hard last year and today I finally made it down to the Rock Center Concourse location under Andrea's persuasion.  The long line out the door of the store moved quickly and when I snaked around to the counter my smoked ham and swiss on multigrain bread was just popping out of the oven.  I added lettuce, hot peppers, mayo and mustard and the sandwich rung in at just under $6.  

YUMMM this was really good.  The bread was nice and crusty and the peppers were delightfully hot.  The meat was of acceptable quality and quantity.  My only complaint is that the sandwich was a bit greasy -- I think this was due to the combo of melting mayo, cheese and oil from the peppers.  I would hit Potbelly again and try the pizza sandwich with pepperoni, marinara, provolone and mushrooms.  It's better than Subway and that's good with me.


Potbelly Sandwich Shop: See site for various locations around Manhattan

2 comments:

andrea said...

YUMMMMM

lucia m said...

yummy! looks delicious!

www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...