Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Potbelly's Pizza Sandwich

Yesterday I got Potbelly's signature Pizza Sandwich and went for their mac salad. It's official, I love Potbelly.
I got the sandwich "skinny" with less bread and added hot peppers to the pepperoni, meatball, capicola,  marinara sauce, provolone, mushrooms and Italian seasoning. The peppers make the 'wich a bit oily but it is so worth the sweet fire they bring. The sandwich was warm and melted and the sauce was sweet. It was almost impossible to make out each separate meat but the combo is seriously delicious -- the calories are worth it.
The mac salad was quite thick but it had a sweet proportion of mayo to vinegar. I LOVE that they use gemelli instead of usual elbows, it's a nice personal spin. They give a good sized portion for under $2.

Athough the line outside of Potbelly in the Concourse is always out the door, it moves quick and the staff are friendly. Great go-to spot for an under $1o lunch.


Potbelly Sandwich Shop: See site for various locations around Manhattan

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

the line is long, but you might just see someone you know!

Andrea said...

I LOVE POTBELLY TOO!

Kristen said...

I read this just as I was deciding what to order for lunch...
I've had Potbelly before in Baltimore & liked it, but I ordered chicken salad today and it was dry & tasteless! I'd go back but will definitely get something else. Also -- I ordered online and didn't wait at all. :)

I love that they serve Zapps chips!

Elspeth Velten said...

@Kristen OMG! I've wanted to try the chicken salad but I don't think I will now! thats so sad. :( good info about ordering online though.

Anonymous said...

I been eatin the turkey and decided to go Pizza sandwich today, one of the better decisions of my life. With the hot peppers this sandwich can go up against any other signature sandwich and compete. DELICIOUS.

Anonymous said...

I ordered one today but it did not come with meatballs. Lots of sauce and a couple pepperonis.
Finished the Big pizza sub in five bites. Next time I will get meatballs or something with substance. I am still hungry.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...