Sunday, October 14, 2012

Shacktoberfest ain't no joke

Oh America. I love you so much because where else can I freely enjoy the finest of fusion food during the Oktoberfest holiday? (but not a large sugary drink with it, strangely enough) Shake Shack's Shacktoberfest menu is seriously wurst heavy and I found out first hand that it is not for the faint of heart. As you can see above, I did not hold back. 

The Cheddar Brat Burger with shallots and Shack Sauce is a serious proposition, but I didn't realize just how serious until it was in front of me in its greasy, meaty glory. I mean, look at that layering. This is like 3 hours of barbecue party in one bun. I didn't realize until like three bites in that the cheddar is in fact part of the bratwurst. It oozes out. Like, when the sausage man made this brat he shredded cheddar into the meat grinder before encasing the whole thing. 
Obviously, as is Danny Meyer's way, this creation was delicious and decadent, only lacking in something green. Ringing in at $7.50, you seriously get some banger for your buck here. (Get it?) If you're gonna go to Shacktoberfest, I'd definitely go with this or the Currywurst, but don't get crazy. You definitely need to choose between fries or a shake with this burger if you don't want to die shortly afterwards. Needless to say, this was my only meal all day. Yes, I got cheese fries with it. Don't judge me. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...