Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Secret About McDonald's Grilled Onion Cheddar Burger

The Grilled Onion Cheddar Burger at McDonald's looks really great on the drive through menu. It looks big and juicy and enticing. Voluminous. Looking at the picture on the light up board, I was excited that I was getting something special. New. Especially on the way home from New Years Eve the morning after. It looks like the perfect item to combine with some chicken nuggets and a few stolen bites of a McRib. 

But now I want to tell you something: in reality, it's not many of these things. Really, it's dry, bland and the size of the normal cheeseburger. I couldn't even taste the cheese on this. All 310 calories were a total letdown. (That's a surprisingly low number.) The McRib wasn't too great either. At least that was moist, but the meat tasted like a chicken nugget. Not much flavor diversity here. Although chicken nuggets are never a fail, I'll probably never be convinced to go to McDonald's instead of Taco Bell again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the hell do you expect for a dollar?

Elspeth said...

A product I'd want to spend another dollar on!

Anonymous said...

I had my second one today and I love them! Hope they keep it on their menu. Of course it's small, but it's only 1.00. You can get a double for 2.00.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...